September 06, 2012

2012 YW in Excellence
















This year's program was Hawaiian themed with a luau in the Baxter's backyard. We enjoyed pulled pork, Hawaiian dancers and even a fire twirler at the end. Maddy earned one ribbon this year and just has a few things to sign off before she receives her full medallion. 

Funny side note. A few weeks ago I was playing ping-pong with Joey and somehow ended up splitting my pants all the way up. Jeni was kind enough to stitch it back together for me and these were the pants I was wearing this evening. Part of the festivities included all the men coming up and learning a dance. I was terrified that my pants were going to split again so I kind of took it easy. Maddy, who realized exactly what I was doing and why, couldn't stop laughing out in the audience. Fun memory.

Below are pictures from the night. To see the posts from Maddy's previous YW in Excellence celebrations click below: