August 14, 2010

Seminary Reunion













Ten years ago I taught an early morning Seminary class of nearly 40 freshman at Centennial Hills High School in Las Vegas. Though I had taught Seminary for 3 years prior to this class, there was something about this group of kids that made this experience one of the spiritual highlights of my life. Thanks to Facebook I've been able to reconnect with many of them and it's been wonderful to see how their lives have turned out.

Since Maddy will be starting 9th grade this year and attending Seminary herself, I thought it would be fun to have some of these old students over for a meal. I made Irish Soda Bread, Buttermilk Blue Cheese Wedge, Asiago Alfredo Rotini, Orange Mango Sorbet and a Dark Chocolate Truffle Torte with Mixed Berry Coulis. It was great seeing everyone again and hearing what they've been up to. Above is a picture from that seminary class from 2000 and below are pictures from today's mini-reunion. Those that joined were Natasha Benfield, Taylor Eliason, Jeanette Clayson, Chris and Karen Harris, Justin and Ashley Curnutt, and Nick and Candice Watkins. Thanks everyone for a great time and laughs over old memories.