August 07, 2010

Girls Camp 2010

















Maddy returned on Friday from 3 nights spent at Camp Koholowo in Payson, Utah for her annual LDS Girls Camp. Just as Maddy has grown in the last 3 years, so have the number of girls in the Young Womens Program in our Ward! I believe there were almost 30 girls that went to camp this year. Here's a link to 2009 camp, and here's a link to 2008. This year's camp was run by the Stake and I heard there were close to 350 girls and their leaders.

I had the privilege of going up Thursday night and Jeni was able to join me. As we pulled up to their camp, it was amazing to see the unity between the girls and the leaders. They were all in their camp shirts, sitting in a circle making bracelets. It was a sight I'll never forget.

We were asked as a bishopric to cook dinner for the girls so Bishop David Ahrens' wife made homemade rolls, Hugh Black made two amazing salads, and I made buttermilk chicken, fettuccine with a garlic Parmesan alfredo sauce and then chocolate soup for dessert. It was a fun night and we were all so impressed with the girls and the leaders. What a great experience for them all. Below are pictures I took from the evening we were there plus several others from Heather Disbrow, their Young Womens President.