May 19, 2010

Father and Sons 2010

















I am not a camper. I have never liked camping and I don't know that I ever will. I have the worst camping luck ever. Don't invite me to come camping with you unless you want a torrential downpour... in July... in the middle of a desert. I'm talking sideways rain, biting cold winds, soaking wet sleeping bags. That's my luck. All of that being said, there have been a few times, mainly for Joseph, that I have braved the elements, sucked it up and gone camping with the scout troop or at the ward Father and Son's campouts. The picture above is from our ward Father and Son's camp last Friday night. The picture below is from 8 years ago at Joey and my first Father and Son's camp in Las Vegas.















Two things from that picture still hold true. Joey still loves gummy worms and I still intensely dislike camping. Despite this, we did have fun last Friday as we roasted marshmallows and enjoyed the beautiful nature at Diamond Fork canyon. The pictures below are of Joey, our friend Hugh Black (die-hard camper) with one of his sons, and an amazingly bright rainbow that appeared after... yes, you guessed it a major downpour.


















































The picture below is not a picture of our tent from that night. Nope.

















This is the picture of Joey and my tent. Yes, that's right. It's in our living room. We came home that night around 10pm and camped out next to a nice fire and watched a Batman movie with treats in our sleeping bags. No rain, no wind, no smoke, pure comfort. My kind of camping.