June 25, 2009

The White Chocolate Grill

















A few weeks ago I was in Chicago on business and our group went to eat one evening at restaurant called "The White Chocolate Grill." How can you pass up eating at a restaurant called that? Before we even went in I was imagining what kind of amazing desserts they would have and how maybe I would start with a dessert or even better, just eat desserts and forego the dinner. Yet oh how sweet the irony! As amazing as the desserts really were (and each included white chocolate in some form), my favorite was the steamed carrots! The waitress told me they cook them over a steam table in a combination of honey, butter and nutmeg. They were seriously the best carrots I've ever eaten. Not sure how healthy they were but I finished my plate (below) clean. I will be trying to duplicate this recipe soon as the carrots were incredibly tender and sweet. Stay tuned!