Chili's Queso Dip
Jeni and I are huge fans of Chili's Queso Dip and get it almost every time we eat there. I found the recipe in "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2" by Todd Wilbur and it tasted amazingly identical to what you'd order in the restaurant. And, it was extremely easy to make and so good! We doubled the recipe and it was enough to feed 10+ at our Memorial Day barbeque and we had plenty left over. Enjoy!
16 oz box Velveeta Cheese
15 oz can Hormel Chili (no beans, not chunky)
1 cup milk
4 tsp chili powder
2 tsp paprika
1 Tbs lime juice
1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1. Cut the Velveeta into cubes.
2. Combine the cheese with all the other ingredients in a medium saucepan.
3. Over medium heat, stir frequently until cheese melts.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve with hot tortilla chips for dipping.