March 30, 2009

Jeni's Top 10


















In the style of David Letterman, here are Jeni's top 10 reasons why breaking her foot wasn't really so bad......

10. This was an example that Heaven hears us, even our smallest complaints. I had just been murmuring about never being able to find the matching shoe. And, Payless has agreed to extend their discount to "Buy one shoe, get the second shoe 1/2 off."

9. We were just saying how we need to get rid of all my medical equipment I'm not using anymore. Well now, I'm using it. Waste not, want not.

8. I met a girl at the foot doctors who is going to have me make hair pieces for her wedding. That's like $20 - so worth it!

7. I've never had so many compliments on my pedicure.

6. Everyone should learn how to shower with a plastic bag and duct-tape.

5. For 8 weeks I only have to shave one leg. That's a major money and time saver. For example, it takes 20 minutes to shave my legs normally. Now it only takes 10. That's 10 minutes of hot water saved, not to mention the reduced costs of shaving cream and razors. I figure I'm saving at least $5 a month. Ro is so proud of me. We had been talking about ways to cut back.

4. I needed something to take my mind off my everyday problems.

3. A girl always wants to bring attention to her best features and lets face it, my right ankle is smokin'!

2. This was a creative way to get insurance to cover straightening out those unsightly metatarcils.

And the number one reason why breaking my foot wasn't such a bad thing...............

1. I was able to add to my list of medical issues on special occasions. I've had a D&C on Mother's day, had my bladder fall out on Halloween, had a hysterectomy on Valentine's day and scheduled a hand surgery on Christmas Eve. All I was missing was something on Friday the 13th, and this took care of it. Let's hear it for accomplishing goals!