Today was a great day! For my birthday, Jeni signed me up for some gourmet cooking classes taught at the Culinary Education Center at Harmons Grocery. I didn't even know such a thing existed but my first class was today and it was fascinating! The class lasted for two hours, was hands-on, and we learned how to make Chocolate Ganache Truffles, Peanut Brittle, Toffee and Hard Candy. I have another class in a few weeks on Christmas Brunch items including...
1. Crab, Avocado, Brie and Hollandaise Omelet
2. Winter Citrus Salad With Tangerine Syrup
3. Yukon Gold & Pancetta Hash
4. Dried Apricot Almond Scones
5. Hot Mocha White Chocolate
I'll be sure to add the recipes to the blog as I learn them. I can't wait!